Monday, December 22, 2008

Start of Christmas Festivities

Well as I write this we are officially on the road to Kansas for Christmas with our families, but before we left we celebrated with just our little family (b/c we don't like to drag our presents all the way to KS only to have to drag them back). We started the evening by going out to eat at a much nicer restaurant than what we typically have the nerve to take the kids to. We had prepped them before we went in on appropriate behavior, etc. Made it in, ordered, food was there - everything was going so smoothly. Then I looked over at Bella who was barely inches above her plate desperately trying to eat her rice without making a mess -- I just had to snap a picture. I guess they really do listen when you think they aren't. Anyway, made it through dinner. We then walked over to where they were giving carriage rides around the square. The kids loved that even though it was a little chilly (nothing like what we are going to experience in KS this week though -- yikes!). Finally (according to the kids) made it home to open presents. It was a great evening besides the fact that the Garmin I had given Trav didn't work and Keeten's telescope was broken when we opened it -- all things that can be taken care of though.

We then spent all of Sunday besides Church getting ready to leave today. Even though this is the ninth year we have been in Texas and made the trek back for Christmas, I'm always amazed at the amount of planning and work it takes to get ready to go --from the laundry to making sure all the trash has been emptied and the fridge is cleaned out so you don't come home to a funky smell. Then, once you get back home it basically starts all over again with laundry and trash! Oh, well -- we do enjoy going back and always look forward to it. Merry Christmas to all!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I'd thought of all of this before our trip. It sure would have been a lot cheaper (and easier) to open our gifts at home. (Although we don't really get a lot of gifts for the kids..they have so much already!) Glad you had a nice family time. How did Analise do?

    ReplyDelete