Thursday, December 10, 2009

Merry Christmas!


I was overcome with a good case of the "thankfuls" today driving home from meeting Trav for lunch so I decided this was the time to finally get the Christmas letter written. I was listening to the radio and they were having a radio-thon for a local Children's Hospital and I looked back at my two sleeping beauties and felt extremely blessed for all my children's health and happiness. Then, I reflected back on my day so far and realized I had so much more to be thankful for -- the time to go to a room mom meeting at Keeten's school for his Holiday Party, the friends at the meeting that we are also fortunate to have as neighbors, the means to not think twice at buying my daughter the new shoes she needed for winter and the relationships that we have with our family as I work on planning a baby shower for Trav's cousin. This was all and more that I had to be thankful for in just a half a day! As we look at our last year, so many more things are added to the list!



We started the year putting our house on the market not knowing what to expect and were lucky when we had a contract within two months. Then the search started for our house! Just when we thought we might be looking temporary housing in the eye, our realtor found a new neighborhood that we really weren't looking in with a house that we loved. We put a contract on our house right before we left on vacation for Spring Break.

The kids and I went to Kansas to spend a couple of days visiting while Trav went on his annual golfing trip with old high school and college friends. Then, Keeten, Bella and I took off for Colorado to go skiing while Annalise stayed back in Kansas with the grandparents. Trav then flew into Colorado Springs to meet up with us and we got the chance to spend a little time with Spencer and Amanda before heading on up to the mountain. We spent 2 days skiing with Jed, Terra and the girls as well as some of my high school friends. It was a great time and the weather was perfect. Actually, almost a little on the warm side. The kids had a fun time learning to ski and look forward to going again soon.
We then flew through the spring and moved into our new house over Easter weekend. Soon, we were celebrating Bella's 4th birthday and Annalise's 1st birthday.

Then, Trav and I took off for a week vacation for our 10th wedding anniversary in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico with a group of his family. There were 3 of his groomsmen and 2 of my bridesmaids with us on vacation and I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate! It was an absolute blast getting away and reconnecting with everyone. Between, everyone that went we had a total of 15 children (not actually with us on vacation) so when we usually get together there really isn't a chance to have adult time.

By the time we got back, summer was in full swing with swimming lessons, camps and friends. We had a fun time celebrating the 4th of July in our new neighborhood with a parade and festival. The kids worked all morning on decorating Keeten's gator to drive in the parade. It was his shining moment!

The following weekend, we went to Tucson to celebrate Gus and Jessie Levin's baptism. Travis was honored to serve as sponsor for Gus. Be sure to check out some of our old posts with pictures and highlights from that weekend.


Then, the end of July we had a car accident with all the kiddos in the car when a guy ran a red light. We were all fine, but our car was totaled so we spent the month of August trying to get things squared away with insurance and get a new vehicle. Even though insurance can be a pain, we were thankful for it none the less. This all happened the night before I was to leave for Kansas for my cousin's wedding and then spend the week for Keeten's 6th birthday and rodeo. Unfortunately, I had to miss the wedding but we still made it up for the rodeo and Keeten's birthday.

When, we returned from Kansas, we had a week before we left for Canada and Michigan for a family vacation. That vacation is highlighted in some of our older posts as well.


By the time we got back, it was time to gear up for school. Keeten started Kindergarten this fall and loves everything about it from the classroom to the cafeteria where he gets to pick out what he wants for lunch! He continues to be my busy child who is always dreaming up and working on the next project. He is a social child who loves to be with friends. He is loving our new neighborhood b/c there are probably 20 or more kids around his age that live on our street alone. He insists on walking to and from school everyday so he can visit with everyone and arrange playdates!

Bella is in preschool 3 days a week this year and is ready to start kindergarten! She learns quickly and will keep her brother on his toes only being a year behind him in school. She is my little lover child -- she comes down every morning and greets me with a hug and a smile. She is constantly telling her brother how much she loves him and giving him hugs. When, he does something to her she doesn't like she will say, "Remember Keeten, I love you!" Learning that guilt can work at a young age!

Finally comes our Daddy's little girl -- Annalise. She is a sweet baby but ornery at the same time as she is sitting here with me now lifting my shirt and tickling me! She is always full of smiles and laughs. She keeps up with the big kids well as doesn't let them get the best of her -- she has her opinions, too! They love treating her like she is their own live doll and she loves the attention most of the time so it is a win, win for everyone. It is fun to see her personality evolving as she asserts her position in our family. We can say she completes us!

The rest of the fall has flown by with soccer, school activities, teaching preschool Sunday School, being room mom for Keeten's class, serving on Children's Council and Teller at church, Halloween and Thanksgiving which we spent here in Texas. We will be going home to Kansas for Christmas with a quick trip to Great Wolf Lodge for the kids' Christmas present before we go.

Again, we are thankful to the Lord for all the blessings and opportunities He has given us this year and the gift of his Son. We pray that you all have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Love,
The Levins -- Trav, Carm, Keeten, Bella and Annalise

1 comment:

  1. What a great post Carmen. I know our lives are rarely going to intersect anymore (if ever) but I'm so glad this is a way I can see the kids grow...even though I'm merely across town! Life sure does get busy with three, but it so.much.FUN! Merry Christmas to you all. Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete