Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Greased Pig Contest
The tradition lives on! I remember participating in the greased pig contest at the county fair every year as a child and often winning. This year we were back for the whole week before the rodeo so we were able to participate in some of the fair activities, including the greased pig contest. Of course with my city kids, this was a big experience for them and they had no idea what to expect! I had told them all about it and they had practiced "wrestling" each other as well as their cousins. Then the big night arrived and Keeten was ready but Bella started to get cold feet. Keeten got out there and got a pig right away and dragged it in and won. Once Bella saw that he got money, she was ready to go. And wouldn't you know, she won as well! Two city kids took first place in the greased pig contest! It was a lot of fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



WOW! I've never seen a greased pig contest...let alone known anyone who's won one. I thought they were made up! That's awesome!
ReplyDelete